SARS is recruiting, click here to apply.
“SARS – A future reimagined”
We are on an exciting journey to build “a smart modern SARS with unquestionable integrity, trusted and admired by all”. Our mandate is to ensure optimal compliance with tax and Customs legislation. We do this through fostering a culture of Voluntary Compliance and by making it easy for taxpayers and traders to comply with their legal obligations. Our Higher Purpose, the reason that SARS exists, is to provide resources that help to build a capable state that nurtures sustainable economic growth, social development and that serves the well-being of all South Africans. We are Nation Builders.
In an era characterised by rapidly evolving technological innovation, SARS is preparing for a world where increasingly our work is informed by data driven insights, machine learning, algorithms, artificial intelligence and interconnectivity of people and devices.
This dynamic world of work calls for pioneers imbued by a sense of serving the SARS Higher Purpose and service to our people. The successful Nation Builders will work with the entire team in support of our Strategic Intent and the nine Strategic Objectives, namely:
- Provide Clarity & Certainty of tax obligations
- Make it Easy for Taxpayers and Traders to Comply & fulfil their obligations
- Detect Taxpayers and Traders who do not comply and make noncompliance hard and costly
- Develop a high performing, diverse, agile and engaged workforce towards higher value knowledge and service work
- Expand and Increase the use of data to improve integrity, derive insights & improve outcomes
- Modernise our systems to provide digital & streamlined services
- Drive greater resources stewardship to ensure the efficient use of resources and deliver quality outcomes & performance excellence
- Work with and through Stakeholders to improve the tax system
- Build public trust and confidence in the tax administration system.